This is the SG that started it all!
In 2013 Gibson USA celebrated The Year of Les Paul and offered a rare series of dedicated SG's that paid homage to the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Each SG would capture the essence of those eras while honoring the artistry and innovation of inventor and guitarist Les Paul.
This guitar is a genuine 2013 Gibson Standard 50’s Tribute from "The Year of Les Paul" Series. (This is not a special, futura or studio, so beware of others).
This serial number on this beauty states that it is number 35 on July 19th, 2013
from the Gibson Nashville Plant, TN, USA.
- Stamped with “Prototype” on back of neck to indicate this is a ’50's-era transition from the Les Paul design to the SG.
- Solid Mahogany body with Black Vintage Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Two Vintage spec P90 Soapbar Pickups, each with two genuine Alnico V bar magnets per pickup. (The coil is also wound with 42-AWG enamel-coated wire for the growl, snarl, and articulation that made the originals legendary).
- Comfortable and full ’50s Neck profile measuring .818” at the 1st fret and .963” at the 12th
- Genuine Rosewood fingerboard with 24 medium-jumbo frets (not 22 frets like the non Standard SG's)
- Grover Kidney Button precision tuners
- Premium Gig Bag
*These were short, one-time production run guitars with very few made.
*** Pictured with a removable Vinyl Decal